Saturday, August 16, 2008
What does this title brings into your mind?
The very first pictures that kicked out from my memory files are:
1. Wyatt Earp
2. Doc Holiday
3. Buffalo Bill Cody
4. Billy the Kid
5. Who was the sheriff that shot Billy the Kid? Eeerrmm... will come back to that, but what I remember, no one can beat Billy the Kid in a gun duel, so being friends as they were, Billy didnt want to kill his friend ..so you know what he did? He being lefthanded, repositioned his handgun to his right side...because he is a little slower to draw from his right compared to his left....Who was that sheriff?
6. The Young Riders
7. High Chaparal (Reminds me of Monalito Mantoya!)
8. High Noon
9. The Zorro serials ! (We had 'Zorro Fighting Legend, The Black Whip, Son of Zorro... there were so many zorroes ooo..!)
10. How the West was won..
11. Pat Garreth (yeah, I think he was the one that shot Billy the Kid! Or was he the one?)
12. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (loved this one!)
Did I miss any?
Where have all the good movies gone to?
But we are not talking about western movies and Tv serials here..!
Sad isn't it, when it comes to present day Tewas..? And it is not just Texas... Lawlessless seem to be prevailing more and more everywhere....! I believe if our big bro Paul (the apostle) is still around today he will surely say "Told you so, didn't I?" with a shrug..... He wrote it down in a very ancient text called the Bible, and you can find it in 2 Timothy 3: 1-5
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power.(NIV)
How did this lawlessness came to be? Where did it sprung out from? To answer this, let me share a quote from a book I am currently reading ...
"Scripturally, the cause of this worldwide wave of hatred is lawlessness. The root of lawlessness is a focus on self at the expense of the good of the whole. When the heart of a society turns to self, self becomes law. We then thrust aside the laws of God to allow freedom for each "self" to live according to his or her own law". [Sigh!] (Source book: Purifying The Prophetic by R. Loren Sandford, Chosen Grand Rapids pg. 102)
What say you?